Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (11): Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray

Oy vei, have I been hyper today. I got the day off from school and work because Lizzy [my parakeet (officially named Miss Elizabeth Bennet)] laid an egg during the middle of the night and, of course, my mom freaked and thought the egg was going to randomly explode and a little baby parakeet would fly out and attack her (or something irrational like that). So anyways, I've been home all day, trying to calm down my mom and trying to keep from running around in circles from boredom. Hence, the hyperness. Anyways, Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to showcase unreleased novels that we're waiting for anxiously. This week I've chosen:
Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray
Pub. Date: July 5, 2011
Summary: Falling for Hamlet retells the familiar Shakespearean tragedy from the point of view of a feisty, empowered Ophelia, who is neither suicidal nor anybody’s pushover. In a glittering world of celebrities, paparazzi, and reality TV, Ophelia navigates the minefield of teen life in a royal family gone crazy.
--
Why I chose this one: The title caught my attention and then the cover made me interested and then the description made me add yet another book to my ever-growing stack of to-read novels. I love Shakespeare, and Hamlet is one of my favorite plays ever. So I'm excited about reading an up-to-date version of the story. And hello, the protagonist is described as feisty. So yeah. I'm all over this book like that chick is all over that dude.

1 comments:

Kiwi Ivashkov said...

Heyyy!!! I featured this one on my current WOW!!
Im not big on Shakespeare just yet, nevertheless i soo want to read a YA adaptation!!

P.S. I am a first timer, love your blog! Super cute profile picture! And im your newest follower!:D
hop by my blog sometime..
http://blogonlinerandom.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really enjoy reading y'alls' thoughts and I read all of my comments.

Happy reading and DFTBA. (:

Viewers since October 2010

Blogoversary Countdown

Get your own free Blogoversary button!