Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! & In My Mailbox (4)

Photobucket
Who'd a thought that by 2011 I'd have nearly 200 followers? Wow! Anyways, what with New Year's Eve being here and my friends all being crazy and already counting down the minutes, I thought I'd wish all of y'all a happy New Years. I hope everyone had a great Christmas for those of you who celebrated, and a great holiday in general. I thought I'd also list a couple of my bookish/blogish resolutions. Feel free to share your resolutions in the comments.
  1. Not reading reviews of novels before reading them. I know this one will be really hard, and probably impossible, but I'm at least going to try and read less reviews prior to reading the actual book.
  2. Reading different genres of book. I'm determined this year to branch out from my typical YA and occasional romance and read more diverse novels.
  3. Stop following blogs just to enter/get more points for giveaways. I've found I'm following a bunch of blogs I'm not really interested in for the sake of a contest and I'm going to try and stop this free-stuff addiction that seems to be growing.
  4. Read one book at a time. Okay, that's really going to be hard, but I find my attention is better focused on only one book at a time.--
Okay, so now that I've resolved to improve my reading and blogging-ness, I also wanted to share all of the lovely books I've gotten over the holiday. First of all, I want to thank Nina (who'll probably kill me for writing this) for giving me a couple of $50 B&N gift cards. I screamed. Loudly. Also, thanks to all of my generous family for buying me such fabulous gifts and for remembering all of those times I dropped a "hint" and bought me books for Christmas and Hanukkah.
--
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by the Story Siren. This week was filled to the brim with novel-buying and novel-gifting and just great in general.
Gifted:
The Hunger Games boxed set by Suzanne Collins - (OMGOMGOMG!! I finally have them all! And in hardcover too!)
Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle - (This one looks really cute & wintery too)
Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough - (I've heard great things)
Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler - (Thanks, Jenny, for remembering all of my complaining how it 'wasn't cheap enough online')
The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard - (The cover for this one is gorgeous)
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver - (I needed my own copy. I finally got it!)
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - (Now I can actually say that I'm on a team. The button on the sidebar is from Jenny, who insists I'll be Team Ash)
Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers - (I loved her other novel, Cracked Up to Be)
--
Won:
The Replacement by Brianna Yovanoff - (Won from Mary Reding Writes)
--
Bought (with the help of Nina's amazing gift):
One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother DIes by Sonya Sones
The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
Pretty Little Liars (TV-tie-in edition) by Sara Shepard
Flawless (TV-tie-in edition) by Sara Shepard
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
Breathless by Jessica Warman
Rogue by Rachel Vincent
Something Like Fate by Susanne Collins
Freefall by Mindi Scott
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Identical by Ellen Hopkins
Wake by Lisa McMann
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
--
--
I can't wait to read Catching Fire & Mockingjay. I know I'm the last person on the planet to finish this series, but I'm pumped anyways. And plus, they're just so shiny and nice and new!
Hope you all are having a fabulous New Year's Day, and link up to your IMM posts in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really enjoy reading y'alls' thoughts and I read all of my comments.

Happy reading and DFTBA. (:

Viewers since October 2010

Blogoversary Countdown

Get your own free Blogoversary button!