Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Take Me There by Susanne Colassanti

The ups and downs of love and friendship.
Rhiannon is devastated after the breakup with her boyfriend and desperately wants him back. But love comes easy for Nicole. Her ex is still in the picture, pining for her, but she can't help having a new crush. And then there's James, hopelessly in love with his best friend, Rhiannon, who is too bling to see that their friendship can be so much more. Just when things couldn't get more complicated, the school's resident mean girl decides she is intent on ruining everyone's life. James, Nicole, and Rhiannon are not going to let this slide, but will their desire to take down the mean girl bring these three friends exactly what they want?
--
I know I'm late in getting all my books, but it took me ridiculously long to get around to buying this one. Rhiannon (Ree) is easily the most likable character, and although she wasn't my favorite, I was crushed right along with her when her boyfriend dumps her, and I felt her pain as she tried to get him back. Nicole, although slightly cocky, was funny, and I couldn't help but find her short-lived romantic fantasy of being with her teacher hilarious, and a little too probable from his reaction to her flirting. But James, the quirky, nerdy, computer boy, in love (but in denial) of being in love with Ree, was my absolute favorite of the bunch. I loved how much he tried to keep from admitting he loved her, and loved even more how obvious he was about it. ("Is the thought of us together so horrendous? I mean, it's not like I want to be with her, but jeez.") The story was a little difficult to follow, but I kind of enjoyed the different format with which Colassanti wrote. The only downfall, besides the slightly unrealistic scenarios, was the drama with Nicole near the end. I was left with a feeling of the whole dad-thing being out of left field and unrelated to everything else. But either way, Take Me There was still a cute and funny take on high school loves and friendships.

4 stars and a high recommendation to casual teen readers and avid readers looking for something a little light and very entertaining.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really enjoy reading y'alls' thoughts and I read all of my comments.

Happy reading and DFTBA. (:

Viewers since October 2010

Blogoversary Countdown

Get your own free Blogoversary button!