Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Kissed by an Angel Trilogy by Elizabeth Chandler


A love beyond life...a danger beyond doubt.
In a romantic and suspenseful collection of the New York Times bestselling trilogy, love's unbreakable bonds are put to the test.
When her boyfriend, Tristan, died, Ivy thought she'd lost everything, even her faith in angels. But now she's discovered that he's her guardian angel — his presence so strong that she can feel the touch of his hand, the beat of his heart. Ivy needs Tristan now more than ever because he knows she's in terrible danger. Only Ivy's guardian angel can save her now that his killer is after her.
But if Tristan rescues Ivy, his mission on earth will be finished, and he must leave her behind forever. Will saving Ivy mean losing her just when he's finally reached her again?
--
I was going to do three separate reviews for this trilogy, but instead I'll just do three paragraphs, one for each of the books in this amazing trilogy.
Kissed by an Angel:
Starting off with the title, I loved this book through and through. Ivy was so sweet and shy and her love of angels quickly rubbed off on me. Beth, her writer best friend, was funny and reminded me of myself, and Suzanne was great as the girl you love and hate, depending on the circumstance. Gregory, Ivy's stepbrother gave off an ominous feel, although he seemed at times sweet and caring. Tristan, Ivy's perfect boyfriend, the guy every girl wants, is so beyond imagining, I almost felt he was overdone. But maybe it was because of his perfection that I fell in love with him anyways. The writing was simple and easy to read, and despite the quickly moving plot, the pages were emotionally charged in a way only the best romance novels are. I hated knowing the ending, only because I didn't want it to be true. But I still loved it from start to finish. 5/5
The Power of Love:
Lacey, newly introduced, quickly became my new favorite. From the purple hair to the overdramatic sighs, she was the epitome of awesomeness. (In my humble opinion). I found her story line tragic and Tristan was so blinded I was tempted to fall out of love with him. (As if). Gregory's ever present presence (no pun intended) became a bit more chilling and I started to speculate his intentions. The downfall of this book was how long was spent with Ivy not getting the fact that Tristan was there still. Beth was cute as ever and Suzanne a bit annoying in my opinion. She's a little too popular-girl-who-gets-everything-she-wants-ish. I don't see how her character enhanced the plot, but oh well. The writing was still graceful and flow-y, though I started to become skeptical about the fact that Ivy now has THREE--count 'em, 1, 2, 3--love interests now. Will's a sweetheart, but I'm a little afraid of where Chandler is planning to go with his interest in Ivy. (Go, team Tristan!) Great book, still loved it. 4.5/5
Soulmates:
The craziness and drama in this finale to the fantastic Kissed by an Angel series went a little overboard, but I still loved it. I've read some reviews that ragged on the murder themes and the sudden darkness of the series, but I disagreed. Sometimes we need a little murder mystery, and although some of the story was very Ghost-like, it was still original and great. I loved Lacey more than ever (I felt her pain, truly I did) and I still want to marry Tristan (Okay, so, yeah, DIBS!) so long as Ivy's no longer interested (who am I to stand in the way of true love?). But anyways, as Gregory became the sinister force I always knew he was--insert obnoxious "I told you so" here--I found the changes and the explanations that came to life to be realistic in a way only supernatural books can be. Beth and Suzanne remained the strong support characters they were, and I even liked Suzanne a bit. The writing as elegant as ever (these parenthesis are getting annoying now, right?) and so did the plot. The ending was its one down point. And unfortunately, it made a big impact on the story. It was all a little quick. (SPOILER!!: "So I didn't feel guilty for falling love with you." What!? Where did that come from!?) Anyways, it made me hate the ending more than the beginning. These books were great, and I secretly wrote an alternate ending, because as much as I loved the railroad scene, the last two pages shouldn't have happened (like that at least) at all. 4/5.
Overall, this series gets an average rating of 4.5 stars. Big ole fat recommendation to all those girls who love Ghost (I should hope all of us, unless you haven't GASP seen it) and to supernatural romance fans.

1 comments:

Kallie said...

I read it. Fell in love with it, and now I NEED the next book. Evercrossed. Elizabeth Chandler is my favorite author. I do dissagree with you on the part about the last two pages. I think they tied the story together well. It gets readers ready for the next book.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really enjoy reading y'alls' thoughts and I read all of my comments.

Happy reading and DFTBA. (:

Viewers since October 2010

Blogoversary Countdown

Get your own free Blogoversary button!